[Asterisk-Users] ATTN: Keith - Seriously OT

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jun 10 03:16:29 MST 2005

On Friday 10 June 2005 04:08, Terry H. Gilsenan wrote:
>  ([64.18.4.10]) with SMTP; Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:29:16 PDT
>
> Your MTA claimed it was called "SOURCE" but rDNS tells the recipient MX
> that it is called: "mail.linuxautrement.com"

I too will block emails with a non-FQDN HELO or EHLO.  I feel, however, that
reverse should not have to match forward lookups for mail exchangers.  It's
an assinine requirement (my box does web, mail, dns and a host of other
services, why should I need it to be called 'mail' for both forward and
reverse lookups just to get mail flowing?  Assinine.

-A.