[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and MS Exchange

support at sjobeck.com support at sjobeck.com
Thu Jun 9 14:41:05 MST 2005

Magnus' idea seems to have a new twist on this, interesting, to look at
this from outside looking back at *.

Most corporate Exchange users use Outlook as a directly-connected
client, no IMAP, no POP.

If Outlook client used a DLL as an add-in, which could:

1. parse the subject line of messages that were deleted (ie: would have
unique ID's inserted in subject line)
2. take that "VM ID #" variable
3. connect to *
4. black magic happens here
5. delete VM msg ID #

Then we would have it, as well as having some sort of structure that
might be adaptable to other email clients with the proper retrofitting.

I could be completely wrong.

Peace.

Jason Sjobeck
icq:5579183

<snip>
>From my perspective, not sure I would want Exchange (Which is difficult
enough to manage) to be cluttered up with potentially large voicemail
files,
I would have thought that most Exchange clients are most likely to be
Outlook based, who could use pst & Imap (Or pop3 if asterisk could auto
forward and then delete voice mail) to retrieve voicemail via email
without
having to worry about central Exchange issues. Might be my lack of
knowledge
but this would appear to be able to be written as a mapi outlook add in
that
could update Asterisk to purge voice mail at the same time the user
deletes
the local copy? Based on the assumption on Imap? I would support a
bounty
either way that offered this feature.
Magnus
</snip>