[Asterisk-Users] Incoming call stops at random with Teliax

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jun 9 10:07:06 MST 2005

Top posting to keep with the flow...

I'd have to guess at a couple of things here. Its already been stated that
asterisk _only_ uses the first of multiple dns A records when queried.
It would appear the voip.teliax.com dns A records point to 208.139.204.232
and 208.139.204.228, so one would have to guess they are attempting to
load balance their servers based on dns. But, asterisk will use the
first one returned for the duration of asterisk's uptime.

However, what happens if you register with one of those two servers and
the second server attempts to _complete_ a call to your asterisk box?
If you're behind a nat box, the answer is likely to be dependent on
how that box is set up. If you're not behind a nat box, one still
might have an issue if using the "type=friend" and iax (eg, does iax
find a matching context based on ip, username, last context in iax.conf,
etc).

I'd have to guess that by using a specific IP address, you've managed
to find a work-around for that problem, but there is likely an
underlying root-cause that has yet to be identified.

Rich