[Asterisk-Users] More than one account from the same provider?

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Thu Jun 9 09:17:32 MST 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 6:47 AM, Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:

>> Try this... get rid of the "friend" and use the "peer" and
>> "user" defs.
>> Then pay close attention to which parameters apply to those two defs.
>> Change the [teliax] to something different, like [teliax-in]
>> and [teliax-out].
>
> All that will do is separate the configs for incoming and outgoing, I
> need
> two completely separate incoming and outgoing accounts.

Chris: you've answered your own question then. You'd have to convince
Teliax to send a different authentication name to your server. That's
why I was trying to clarify whether you meant outbound or inbound.
Given that we're talking inbound, I feel you're stuck.

Teliax could theoretically allow users to have a specific auth name
(could be as simple as [TELIAX-{username}] ) that their switch DIALs
against, but we're delving into territory where six of us on the planet
would want this and couldn't even come close to ever making it cost
effective for them to make such a change to their code.

Right?

Robert Goodyear
Brand Up LLC
http://www.brand-up.com