[Asterisk-Users] More than one account from the same provider?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jun 9 09:30:05 MST 2005

> > Try this... get rid of the "friend" and use the "peer" and
> > "user" defs.
> > Then pay close attention to which parameters apply to those two defs.
> > Change the [teliax] to something different, like [teliax-in]
> > and [teliax-out].
>
> All that will do is separate the configs for incoming and outgoing, I need
> two completely separate incoming and outgoing accounts.

Yes, that's true, but I thought you already stated that you have
two "accounts", right?

The above comments went beyond the two account issue and was attempting
to suggest that a number of implementors have had an understanding
problem with friends, peers, and users.  From my perspective (having
gone through some of the same understanding problems), splitting
the stuff into peer and user has been very very good in promoting
the understanding part. On top of that, there are definite differences
in how friend, peer, and user is implemented (or functions) between
sip and iax.

So given your original verbage, if you have two "accounts", split
the friend (for both) into peer and user (for both) and define the
codec you want for both accounts.