[Asterisk-Users] 180 Ringing? (BUG?)

Julian J. M. julianjm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 07:22:34 MST 2005

I guess that's "Early Media Connect", i.e., if the phone supports that
(not all do), the channels get bridged just after dial completed, (SIP
183), and what you hear is the remote ring tones (from your telco),
not locally generated (as if it received SIP 180 Ringing).

What IP phones are you using? You may try xlite and check if you hear
ringing tones.

Julian.