[Asterisk-Users] Incoming call stops at random with Teliax

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jun 9 05:59:03 MST 2005

> We are setting up asterisk with Teliax and having trouble getting the incoming call to work
all the time, the outgoing does not seem to have a
> problem.

Here's what I've been using for the last several months:

[teliax]	; for incoming calls
context=teliax-incoming
type=user
auth=md5
secret=mymd5secret
disallow=all
allow=gsm
trunk=no

[teliaxout]   ; for outgoing calls
type=peer
host=voip.teliax.com
username=myname
auth=md5
secret=mymd5secret	; provided by teliax
disallow=all
allow=gsm
trunk=no

Calls are then placed using something like:
; Calls directed to Teliax.com
; long distance calls completed via Teliax.com
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID(3035551212|a)
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,2,SetCIDName(MyName|a)
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,3,Dial(IAX2/teliaxout/${EXTEN})
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,4,Congestion

If I recall correctly, the majority of the above was provided in an
email from teliax when I signed up.