[Asterisk-Users] Load per server?

Bryan Field-Elliot bryan at nextalarm.com
Wed Jun 8 14:35:33 MST 2005

I'm trying to gauge the amount of overhead for idle users (NOT in the
middle of a phone call) per user, per server. These are a combination of
SIP and IAX2 clients, with "qualify=yes".

On, for example, a dual 2.4 Ghz Pentium server (with plenty of RAM), how
many hundreds, or thousands (rough ballpark) of clients can be
supported? Again, these are mostly idle, and I'm interested in a
calculation of idle users (with qualify=yes), not # of simultaneous
calls.

Thank you for any ballparks anyone might provide,

Bryan