[Asterisk-Users] Clicks in audio with TE100P PRI

Alejandro G ag2005 at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Jun 8 08:19:00 MST 2005

Hi, I have a problem I will describe. I have PAP2 connected to the internet
to an asterisk box with 2 TDM cards, one TE100P E1 with PRI and one TDM400P
with 2 FXS an one FXO.

When I call to the TDM400 cards from the PAP2 eveything is OK, sound quality
is perfect.
When I call to terminate the call in PSTN through E100P I hear clicks which
aparently are RTP packet looses. This clicks are only heard in the PSTN
side, not in the PAP2.

If I connect PAP2 in LAN to the *, everything sounds is normal. So I
evaluate the following:

1. Delay or something similar in internet could not be the problem because
it works with TDM400P (same configuration)
2. The PAP2 could not be the problem because it works with TDM400 (and other
ip phones) and in a LAN.
3. The TE100P could not be the problem because it works fine if the PAP2 is
connected via lan and not via internet.
4. With other IP phones everything works fine.

It seems that the combination of PAP2 <-> Internet <-> TE100P is the
problem. Any suggestions?
is there any jitter buffer adjust for the sip channel or zap in the * side
only for the TE100P? I look that in zapata.conf there is a jitterbuffer
parameters which defaults to 4, should I modify it?

Thanks,

Alejandro G.