[Asterisk-Users] Re: Realtime: I want to move the MySQL server out to anothermachine

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Tue Jun 7 06:01:24 MST 2005

Mike Holloway wrote:

> If you have phpMyAdmin installed, you can simply go to the webpage, go
> into the mysql database, the db table, hit the Browser tab, and clone
> the line for your particular asterisk db, changing the Host to %,
> which will permit any host to connect to that database (assuming
> proper user/password).
>
> If you don't have phpMyAdmin installed, install it :P
>

> Instead, from linux shell, you can follow the instructions on that URL
> I sent, something like:
>

> # mysql --user=root mysql
>
> mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%';
>
> where *.* is the database name (or just leave *.* for all db's) and
> root is the username that you will be connecting to mysql with.  The
> user must already exist in the 'user' table of the mysql database.
> You can see what databases and users are already defined:
>
> mysql> SELECT * from database;
> mysql> SELECT * from user;

I used the wrong ip address in the GRANT statement, .....

However, I still have some troubles
dns*CLI> realtime load sippeers name 612
                   Column Name  Column Value
          --------------------  --------------------
                            id  65
                          name  612
                   accountcode  612
                      callerid  "Ronald Video 612",<612>
                   canreinvite  yes
                       context  default
                      dtmfmode  rfc2833
                          host  dynamic
                       mailbox  612 at office
                           nat  yes
                   pickupgroup  1
                       qualify  1000
                        secret  deleted
                          type  friend
                      username  612
                      disallow  all
                         allow  ulaw
                         allow  alaw
                         allow  speex
                         allow  gsm
                         allow  h263
                         allow  h263p
                    regseconds  0
                cancallforward  yes
Jun  7 20:54:58 NOTICE[27657]: chan_sip.c:8098 handle_request:
Registration from '"Ronald Video (612)"<sip:612 at vpbx.elmit.com>' failed
for '192.168.250.108'

What do I still miss on my move?

BTW, I have a user, whos password I have typed in wrong. I have this
user in realtime, but now also in sip.conf.
show sip users    list him twice with both passwords. How can I delete
the wrong one, that he can login?

bye

Ronald