[Asterisk-Users] Digium G729 licensing - is it worth the trouble?

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Mon Jun 6 16:31:46 MST 2005

Digium did acquiesce and allow me to relicense the codec today, essentially
they asked me how any times I would like to be able to re-license, so I
believe that they are willing to work with the players once they can confirm
their authenticity. They have a strange licensing scheme and I cannot
pretend to understand all the complexities of their business model, but I'm
rather glad that they are around. Asterisk has been the most interesting
project I have connected with in a long time and it's been a fun ride.

Chris Mason
www.anguillaguide.com
Tel:  (305) 704-7249 Fax: (815)301-9759