[Asterisk-Users] Transfer differences between BudgeTone101 and Snom190

Elwin Andriol elwin at heuveltop.nl
Mon Jun 6 15:32:45 MST 2005

Hello all,

This email is intended rather informative than questioning. While
developing some script-generated dial plan, we figured out that there
are differences between Snom 190's and BudgeTone 101's relating to
transfers.

It appeared that the 190's will have their own 'Caller ID' set as the
'CALLERID' variable in astersisk when transfering a call, while the
101's will have the initial caller's ID set as the 'CALLERID' variable
on transfering a call.

We do some 'line access' determination based on an internal SIP device's
caller ID. It worked fine for 190's (both for normal calls and on
transfers) but it failed on the 101's on transfers, because the latter
doesn't give it's own caller ID (or at least it won't get loader into
the asterisk's CALLERID variable). I've found some references that said
that the differences between the 190's and 101's might be the result of
unclear definitions the the SIP transfer RFC.

Anyone figured out how I might get a transfering party's caller ID on a
BT101? Otherwise I will have to trash the 101's (I hate these garbage
phones anyway, but it would be nice for customers if they're able to
choose between 101's and more expensive 190's).

Using asterisk 1.0.7 + bristuff RC8g; version 3.56m on the snom190's and
version 1.0.6.3 on the BT101's.

regards, Elwin Andriol