[Asterisk-Users] Double NAT issues with SIP and workaround (?)

Steve asterisk at michiganbroadband.com
Mon Jun 6 15:09:17 MST 2005

I use Linux/iptables for a firewall
and it seems that in sip.conf
canreinvite=no has been magic for me!

It's fixed one-way audio problems for me in just about every case I have
ever run across so far.

This seems to be an 'easy fix' but I understand from other posts it might
be a waste of Internet bandwidth in many cases.

I'm still a newbie (3 weeks at it now)

Have got all kinds of neat things to work and work great except still
cannot get a successful outbound call to work via a sip provider! :-)
and I have tried more than just one sip service provider.
that's another thread....

Take care!

Steve