[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom 500...

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Mon Jun 6 12:06:47 MST 2005

> Are you using inband DTMF? There are other options but I don't know
> much
> about the polycom phones. I have noticed that sometimes when accessing
> voicemail, it will 'miss' some dtmf tones if they are too short. This
> doesn't explain the number changing, unless your dial plan is
> putting in
> the leading zero.

If you are using a version of CVS HEAD from April 2005 or later, you
should definitely use dtmf=rfc2833 rather than dtmf=inband.  In fact,
just use rfc2833 - it works with all versions of asterisk that I've
tested, but inband only works with certain versions.

Also, you may want to check the digit map (the pattern recognition
when you dial).  It is in sip.cfg.  I know that by default it treats
numbers that start in "11" specially, but it shouldn't really
transpose numbers.  That's weird.