[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digium Website Update: Asterisk Business Edition

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Jun 6 11:01:39 MST 2005

William Waites wrote:

> So Digium has leveraged the community to build for them a
> proprietary product. Correct?
>
> Nice.

Give me a break.

Digium has Open-Sourced their primary intellectual property and given it
to the community.  They spend a good portion of their corporate cashflow
on programmers and support personnel to keep the Open Source project
moving forward.   The current Asterisk CVS and Stable code bases are
100% Open Source, and will be forever, as per the terms of the GPL.

Yet never to fear, you are right there in everyone's faces, trying to
impugn Mark and Digium and the infrastructure that has brought forth
this wonderful program for us to use FOR FREE, simply because they are
trying to find a way to use their IP as a means of supporting their
corporate mission.

I can't decide whether it's your audacity or your cynicism that is more
repugnant.  I guess each reader will have to decide for himself.

B.