[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Tone Lengths

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jun 5 11:01:50 MST 2005

Someone else on the list had a similar problem, and as I recall, they
changed a parameter in asterisk to cause "it" to send longer dtmf
tones. That posting happened within the last couple of months.

Essentially the sip phone sends dtmf signaling via the rfc method
within sip packets (not actual tones), asterisk interprets the
digits, and generates the dtmf tones. I don't have a clue where to
find the asterisk parameter to control that, but would have to guess
it is in a header file within the asterisk source directory.