[Asterisk-Users] Pricing for DS3000P

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Jun 5 07:38:31 MST 2005

On Sunday 05 June 2005 09:27, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
> That was a policy we did not adopt, something about using the word
> 'unlimited' and then not wanting to fill it with a ton of qualifiers
> like 'its unlimited unless you actually use then then we will limit you,
> but if you never use it then ...'  :)

We termed it "unlimited interactive" meaning you were more or less at the
computer.

> That single fact can help your ratio considerably.

Agreed.  :-)  In the cut-rate dialup market we found it necessary to adopt
such a policy, especially since you're appealing to the cheapskate
crowd.  :-)

> close to optimum by eliminating a class of users, I think one that
> should properly be factored in rather than booted off. Its a business
> decision, and depending on finances one that may be required.

Totally.  We've found that in our calling areas all the ISPs were doing more
or less the same thing (or weren't, but then started to shortly afterward) so
it worked out in the end.

-A.