[Asterisk-Users] Pricing for DS3000P

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Jun 5 06:27:14 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 09:09 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> Now mind you we do some "advanced" logins too...  the top 1% of our userbase
> in terms of minutes used are actively booted off and disallowed login during
> busy times (these are the campers, they're on 24/7).  This really does help,
> and if they get pissed off enough to leave it really doesn't affect us
> negatively.  In fact it helps.

That was a policy we did not adopt, something about using the word
'unlimited' and then not wanting to fill it with a ton of qualifiers
like 'its unlimited unless you actually use then then we will limit you,
but if you never use it then ...'  :)

That single fact can help your ratio considerably.

> Typically in terms of complaints we tend to hear from the old grannies and
> casual users who can't get on during busy times, and our active kickoff of
> the campers has almost eliminated that, which indicates to me that we're
> close to "optimum".

close to optimum by eliminating a class of users, I think one that
should properly be factored in rather than booted off. Its a business
decision, and depending on finances one that may be required.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378