[Asterisk-Users] Errors Compiling chan_capi 0.3.5

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sat Jun 4 12:04:51 MST 2005

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 06:45:34PM +0200, Armin Schindler wrote:

> > > I've checked out the head version but unfortunately it produces a
> > > deadlock when dialling out to some number, see sourceforge bug-report
> > > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1214837&group_id=140312&atid=746578
> > > The same deadlock also occurs with 0.4.0-PRE1 and does *not* occur with
> > > 0.3.5.
> >
> > Can you please provide a log with 'capi debug' on and greater verbose level
> > (e.g. 9) ?
> I've just discovered (by looking into kernel logs) that the kernel has a
> NULL pointer reference -- sorry for not looking earlier. So probably a
> bug in mISDN not in chan_capi.
> I've attached kernel and asterisk logs to sourceforge. Do you know where
> to send mISDN bug-reports?? Also interesting that it happens only with
> 0.4.0-PRE1 ...
> Sorry, I don't have a asterisk chan_capi log -- I've moved back to 0.3.5
> after my wife tried several reboot cycles to call her grandma -- and me
> noticing a pattern in the logs... :-) So if you still need the logs
> (even after knowing that the bug probably is in mISDN) I can provide one
> later tonight :-)

The log really shows the kernel oops in mISDN. So it's not a chan_capi
problem.
Maybe new chan_capi does set other/wrong CAPI messages which is not handled
in mISDN. In that case the capi messages should be investigated.
To find the problem with mISDN, the log would help anyway.
You can use isdn4linux at listserv.isdn4linux.de for mISDN problems.

> > > How can I set a timer in chan_capi? Is the ALRM signal in use by
> > > something else or can I use it?
> >
> > A signal is not a good idea. The monitor thread (which runs continously) can
> > maintain any timers we need.
> Can you give me a pointer on what to read for asterisk channel
> programming?
>
> > Looks good so far, but I think we can *ask* Asterisk after each digit
> > (without having sending complete yet) if more digits would make sense
> > by calling ast_matchmore_extension().
> Cool. Anyway, some docs on asterisk programming would be a good start...

I don't know any guide. If someone else knows a good one, I'm interested in
it too.
Currently I just use the sources...

Armin