[Asterisk-Users] Errors Compiling chan_capi 0.3.5

Ralf Schlatterbeck ralf at zoo.priv.at
Sat Jun 4 10:09:16 MST 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 06:45:34PM +0200, Armin Schindler wrote:

> > > There are no special tags, just use HEAD.
> > I've checked out the head version but unfortunately it produces a
> > deadlock when dialling out to some number, see sourceforge bug-report
> > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1214837&group_id=140312&atid=746578
> > The same deadlock also occurs with 0.4.0-PRE1 and does *not* occur with
> > 0.3.5.
>
> Can you please provide a log with 'capi debug' on and greater verbose level
> (e.g. 9) ?
I've just discovered (by looking into kernel logs) that the kernel has a
NULL pointer reference -- sorry for not looking earlier. So probably a
bug in mISDN not in chan_capi.
I've attached kernel and asterisk logs to sourceforge. Do you know where
to send mISDN bug-reports?? Also interesting that it happens only with
0.4.0-PRE1 ...
Sorry, I don't have a asterisk chan_capi log -- I've moved back to 0.3.5
after my wife tried several reboot cycles to call her grandma -- and me
noticing a pattern in the logs... :-) So if you still need the logs
(even after knowing that the bug probably is in mISDN) I can provide one
later tonight :-)

> > > As far as I know the timer should be part of the application. I think the
> > > correct way is to handle each number/digit to Asterisk and Asterisk should
> > > state an own 'sending complete' according to dialplan, or time out.
> >
> > How can I set a timer in chan_capi? Is the ALRM signal in use by
> > something else or can I use it?
>
> A signal is not a good idea. The monitor thread (which runs continously) can
> maintain any timers we need.
Can you give me a pointer on what to read for asterisk channel
programming?

> Looks good so far, but I think we can *ask* Asterisk after each digit
> (without having sending complete yet) if more digits would make sense
> by calling ast_matchmore_extension().
Cool. Anyway, some docs on asterisk programming would be a good start...

Ralf
--
Ralf Schlatterbeck
email: ralf at zoo.priv.at FAX: +43/2243/26465/23