[Asterisk-Users] Pricing for DS3000P

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 11:14:12 MST 2005

Thanks Mike.

existing DS3 card -> http://imagestream.com/PCI_921-CDS.html

For the list I will repeat that the cost should be ball park of $12K.
Why you ask. If you can afford a DS3 then you can afford an extra
$12K. I do not know anything extra other than the fact that this card
will allow some users to drop their Cisco equipment totally. The
opening editors note of the latest Linux Journal talks about the
trouble caused by developers trying to interoperate with proprietary
software. Its a game of catch up and not a winning one. We need to
create or direct the future of the market to be as open as it can.
Knowing that you have an option for that DS3 is a great feeling.

Some real discussion would be about optional OC3 or a optical DS3. My
local CO tech friend  sees more optical than copper due to support
costs. Powering and repeating a fiber line is cheaper than that of
copper.

Final question, is anyone from Image Stream on this list? http://imagestream.com

Andrew Latham