[Asterisk-Users] SNOM extension lights programmable, eg. based on asterisk variable setting?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Jun 4 02:30:24 MST 2005

Bruno.Voigt at ic3s.de wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've programmed on a SNOM function key the destination "**77"
> which in my extension plan reprograms/toggles an asterisk DB variable
> which I use in the extension plan for some call routing decisions.
>
> I would like the SNOM extension light to permanently
> reflect the current toggle status of my application logic/asterisk DB
> variable.
>
> Is something like that possible to do in Asterisk/stable or CVS?
I do not think so. The status notification depends on extension and
device availability. Thinking about it, you might be able to do
something clever with the agent channel, making an agent available or
not depending on the status of your db variable.

If you get that to work, please tell me and share the solution
to the list. The agent channel can be very useful even for things
outside of call queues...

Yes, it's an ugly solution, a workaround.. ;-)

/O

----
Astricon - the Asterisk User's conference - Madrid June 15-17
-- http://www.astricon.net/europe/ - Register today!
-- Listen to Mark Spencer, Ed Guy, Kevin Fleming and many more!