[Asterisk-Users] 4 port BRI options ?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Jun 3 08:16:09 MST 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Remco Barende wrote:

> I am thinking of another solution for fax. I have an * box with one PRI
> card and I'm thinking of adding a quad BRI card in the same box.
>
> A separate box running fasx server software will also be equipped with a
> BRI card for faxing (I cannot use spandsp for various reasons, one of them
> being that we must log / register all faxes).
>
> By keeping the path all digital I'm hoping to avoid trouble with echo
> (cancellation), interrupted faxes etc.

The path is all digital but the clocks on the pri and the bri cards are
not synchronized. Every now and again a frame will be dropped or
duplicated to make up for the frequency difference. I guess ecm faxes will
handle this if the frequency error is small enough.

It would be sweet if the timing ports on the digium pri cards and the
junghanns bri cards were/are compatible.

Peter