[Asterisk-Users] Errors Compiling chan_capi 0.3.5

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri Jun 3 02:14:31 MST 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:

> > > Let me know so I can give it a go.
> >
> > The reworked chan_capi is now available on sourceforge.net.
> > There is no release yet, but the sources are available via CVS.
> > A release will be made when everything is tested.
>
> Armin,
> When I surf to sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/chan-capi/
> I'm still seeing "This Project Has Not Released Any Files".

As I wrote, a release will be made when everything is tested. Currently
you can use CVS only.

> What is the difference of your project to chan_capi-0.4.0-PRE1 ?

The features are the same at this time, but
- source code cleanup
- race conditions fixup
- compile with all Asterisk versions using own configure
  (no option in Makefile needed)
- some Makefile options removed (all settings available at runtime)

and this the base for me to implement new features/fixes.

> I'm had difficulties with applications Busy and Congestion in Asterisk
> with chan_capi -- which is not solved in chan_capi-0.4.0-PRE1. So I
> looked at the source and made an implementation of capi_indicate that
> can now signal congestion or busy to the remote end.
>
> I would be interested to merge the changes back into an 'official'
> version.

We can add this to the CVS, that's why I created it.

> Excuse my ignorance on the subject, I'm very new to asterisk (2 weeks)
> so again excuse the question -- how about joining your and capejod's
> efforts again? What was the reason for forking?

There is no forking at the moment. kapejod made 0.4.0pre1 and that's the
base for my version.
I need to work on chan_capi and I would like to make my
work public as soon as possible. Also feedback is what I would like to
get. This is now accomplished with my registration at sourceforge. kapejod
did a very good job, but right now I get the impression, that he does not
have much time for chan_capi. So to be faster, I did this.
I hope this will not create a forked version and we can merge all
things.

> I've also got difficulties with the Austrian implementation of
> Euro-ISDN PTP: Obviously the current 0.4.0-PRE1 (and 0.3.5 before it)
> assume that an incoming PTP call will be followed by an INFO_IND that
> conveys the DID information -- In Austria, at least when called from a
> fully-digital line (ISDN or mobile phone) the DID information is already
> there and no INFO_IND follows, resulting in a timed-out call (because
> the INFO_IND never comes).
> In line 2144 of chan_capi.c (0.4.0-PRE1) the new channel is handed to
> asterisk in AST_STATE_DOWN. When I change this to AST_STATE_RING it
> works for me -- but I lose DID information from analogue phones (which
> is still better than loosing all calls from digital phones and leaving
> asterisk in an inconsistent state).
> Are there solutions for this? I'd appreciate help in debugging (and
> patching) this...

Hmm, I think this is what kapejod told me already about. As far as I
understood, he knows this problem and may have a fix. But if he has a
probable fix, it would be nice to publish it. (Via CVS it's simple).

I did not have a closer look at this problem yet. Can you provide a log
of capi messages for such calls (ISDN and analog)?
What ISDN card do you use? If it's Eicon, then
divactrl ditrace will help you here.

> Hmm, maybe this should have gone to the devel list after all :-)

Which devel list? Asterisk?
Hmm, maybe I should have a look at this list as well ;-)

Armin