[Asterisk-Users] Errors Compiling chan_capi 0.3.5

Ralf Schlatterbeck ralf at zoo.priv.at
Fri Jun 3 01:37:07 MST 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 09:52:52AM +0200, Armin Schindler wrote:

> > > I still want to fix some race-conditions. It should be ready for 'testing'
> > > end of this week.
> > >
> > Let me know so I can give it a go.
>
> The reworked chan_capi is now available on sourceforge.net.
> There is no release yet, but the sources are available via CVS.
> A release will be made when everything is tested.

Armin,
When I surf to sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/chan-capi/
I'm still seeing "This Project Has Not Released Any Files".

What is the difference of your project to chan_capi-0.4.0-PRE1 ?

I'm had difficulties with applications Busy and Congestion in Asterisk
with chan_capi -- which is not solved in chan_capi-0.4.0-PRE1. So I
looked at the source and made an implementation of capi_indicate that
can now signal congestion or busy to the remote end.

I would be interested to merge the changes back into an 'official'
version.
Excuse my ignorance on the subject, I'm very new to asterisk (2 weeks)
so again excuse the question -- how about joining your and capejod's
efforts again? What was the reason for forking?

I've also got difficulties with the Austrian implementation of
Euro-ISDN PTP: Obviously the current 0.4.0-PRE1 (and 0.3.5 before it)
assume that an incoming PTP call will be followed by an INFO_IND that
conveys the DID information -- In Austria, at least when called from a
fully-digital line (ISDN or mobile phone) the DID information is already
there and no INFO_IND follows, resulting in a timed-out call (because
the INFO_IND never comes).
In line 2144 of chan_capi.c (0.4.0-PRE1) the new channel is handed to
asterisk in AST_STATE_DOWN. When I change this to AST_STATE_RING it
works for me -- but I lose DID information from analogue phones (which
is still better than loosing all calls from digital phones and leaving
asterisk in an inconsistent state).
Are there solutions for this? I'd appreciate help in debugging (and
patching) this...

Hmm, maybe this should have gone to the devel list after all :-)

Ralf
--
Ralf Schlatterbeck
email: ralf at zoo.priv.at FAX: +43/2243/26465/23