[Asterisk-Users] Portable USB headset for VoIP

Forrest W. Christian fwc at mt.net
Fri Jun 3 02:01:57 MST 2005

I'm trying to find a voip-suitable USB headset (I.E. headphones +
microphone) which I can use with my laptop while I'm traveling and using
Firefly or another softphone.

I'm currently using a Logitech headset which works well (except the echo
it generates toward the other caller when I turn up the gains too high),
but it just doesn't carry well - in fact, I can't carry it in my laptop
case any more just becuase it doesn't fit and it was getting very beat up.
I'd like to find something which folds up and is designed for travel.  It
has to be USB sicne I don't have a MIC in (just line) on my laptop.

Any ideas?

-forrest