[Asterisk-Users] Followup: MP3Player cmd issue (for Asterisk OS X users)

Henry Junior henryjunior at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 00:11:17 MST 2005

Getting the proper version of MPG123 (v0.59r) setup under OS X was
unusually complicated for me.  Sorry for pestering the list with the
MP3Player() issues I kept posting about.  Your inbox will be happy to
know that I finally got the correct file at:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6275

What I did was:
(1) First, download the installer at:
http://www.macupdate.com/download.php/6275/mpg123-0.59r.pkg.tgz
(2) un-tar/gzip the resulting file
(3) cntrl+clicked on the resulting 'mpg123-0.59r.pkg' and selected
"Show Package Contents"
(4) navigated to the file 'mpg123'
(5) finally, copied 'mpg123' to the directory /usr/bin/

Apparently, I attempted this with incorrect builds every other time I
tried this and the good news is now it finally worked (as you can see
I didn't even trust installers this time.)

I wanted to be sure to share this in the event anyone else stumbled
into this issue down the road.