[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Data Calls stop working ?

Daniel Nyström daniel.nystrom at westel.se
Fri Jun 3 00:03:38 MST 2005

After a big help from Peter Svensson, I got ISDN Data-calls up and
running (will probably send a small patch to Mantis soon).
But now when everything seems connected, pppd has been authorized by
other peer and even got an IP address, the whole connection seems to
stop working.
Very unregulary, the PPPD's EchoReq's stop being answered, and of course
all TCP/IP-traffic as well.
It takes between 0-2 minutes till the connection breaks.
I've setup 'lcp-echo-interval 30' and 'lcp-echo-failure 4' (something
like that). And it could reply to 1-2 EchoReq's sometimes, sometimes none.
BUT!
The really strange thing is; when my pppd has determined that the serial
link is closed (the ISDN connection), it will send an Terminate Request!
And that Terminate Request are confirmed by other peer! How strange is
that?!
I've spoken to my ISP and even got their log from my call. And it alls
seems correct from their side. The EchoReq's doesn't seems to reach them
though. But the Terminal Request does afterwards.

I think this is a Nobel Prize issue. :)
--
Daniel