[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi error2

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Jun 2 23:43:59 MST 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Altus Snyman wrote:
> A fix for what?

chan_capi-0.3.5 uses a wrong file descriptor for a pipe to asterisk and the
fix (just one line) is part of this patch as well in 0.4.0-PRE1.

> I think the patch in that link is broken because I had to take out a lot
> of end of lines

Maybe, I never tried this patch. I just noticed the fix inside.

> Dont you maybe have a working patch

No, but you maybe want to try my reworked version of chan_capi
available via CVS on sourceforge.net.
(Note: the dial command syntax has changed like in 0.4.0)

> Thanks for the help
> Just a question about the conf file
> msn and incomingmsn
> What is the difference
> is msn what you uses when you with the Dial command and incomingmsn is
> what is send to extensions.conf?

incomingmsn is what chan_capi will listen on and send it as extension to
extension.conf.
msn is the number which will be used as own number on dial-out.
chan_capi-0.3.5 also uses this number to find the controller to use
according to the number specified in the dial command.
newer chan_capi (0.4.0 and my version on sourceforge) don't use msn any
more, read the README for details.

Armin