[Asterisk-Users] Extension context question

Keith Caldwell keithcal at ublug.org
Thu Jun 2 23:35:39 MST 2005

Hey, not sure if you figured it out yet or not but this is what I
came up with.

You could create a local context, an international contex and an
internal pbx-users context

make the default context of extens 300 and 301 part of the  internal
pbx-users context in sip.conf or iax.conf

[local]
include => pbx-users
exten => _9xxxxxxx,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})

[international]
include => pbx-users
exten => _900.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})

[pbx-users]
exten => 300,1,Dial(SIP/300)

exten => 301,1,Dial(SIP/301)

On the subject of includes(I can't find much documentation on them)
What happens when you do something like this

[context-1]
include => context-2

exten => 100,1,Dial(Zap/1)

[context-2]
include => context-1

exten => 101,1,Dial(Zap/1)

does that create an infinite loop or when you include another context
does it stop inheriting the includes inside. (Confusing huh?)

Thanks