[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question: HOWTO make outgoing call on SIP account from internal extensions?

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:34:51 MST 2005

Maybe you should review these:

http://asteriskdocs.org

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/07/03/asterisk.html
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/01/22/asterisk2.html

I've never seen the register line you have used, the ones I see are
mostly like this:

register = username:password at server.net/5551212

where 5551212 is an extension. That extension has a Dial() that rings
whatever phones you like such as

exten => 5551212,1,Dial(${OFFICE}&${HOME},45)

and OFFICE and HOME are definitions in the extensions.conf

I have about 12 voip server providers and every single one, even the
free ones usually provide a sample asterisk config. Oops, looks like
stanaphone did not. Try a free FWD account using either SIP or IAX2.