[Asterisk-Users] iax went away

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Thu Jun 2 18:00:52 MST 2005

I just had a situation where I could not get calls from or out to one of my
IAX2 boxes to another.

The one which seemed to have a problem didn't show the server in its "iax2
show registry" list.  I reloaded and the register showed up.

Looking at the server, when I called the number I got the message:

Jun  2 20:48:34 NOTICE[25542]: chan_iax2.c:2209 auto_congest: Auto-congesting
call due to slow response

Since I have qualify=yes, I suspected that slow response caused the server to
take the other host off-line.  However, things had been fine on the network
most of the day.

Just after the above message, I did an "iax2 show peers" and it listed that
host as 26ms away.  Not too bad...

I did a reload on the server and after that all seems normal.

So it appears that the server and client lost touch for a bit and apparently
gave up trying to reach the other.  I can see the server giving up if maybe
the IP address changed or something, but why didn't the client keep trying to
register?  Did I maybe dork a config setting somewhere that it isn't retrying?

Thanks!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.