[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Box as a Router, Firewall and DHCP Server

Ing CIP Alejandro Celi Mariátegui alex at linux.org.pe
Thu Jun 2 10:02:25 MST 2005

El mié, 01-06-2005 a las 22:27, Samy Antoun escribió:

> I'm planning to get my Asterisk box out of the LAN,
> get rid of my router and make the box acts as a
> Router, Firewall, DHCP Server (with Shorewall).
>
> I'll do that to be able to use some SIP clients
> remotely.
>
> Does anyone doing the same with the Asterisk box, is
> it a good idea, is there any other solution for the
> SIP emote Clients.
>
> Regards.

Works fine for me, but I have my Asterisk behind another Linux iptables
firewall cause the DoS and the mass attacks (perhaps you will use MySQL
too), a lot of danger for you.

I don't use DHCP for external clients, but we authenticate MAC address
by iptables.

Regards,

--
Ing CIP Alejandro Celi Mariátegui