[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Box as a Router, Firewall and DHCP Server

C. Hatton Humphrey chumphrey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 04:37:10 MST 2005

> I'm planning to get my Asterisk box out of the LAN,
> get rid of my router and make the box acts as a
> Router, Firewall, DHCP Server (with Shorewall).
>
> I'll do that to be able to use some SIP clients
> remotely.
>
> Does anyone doing the same with the Asterisk box, is
> it a good idea, is there any other solution for the
> SIP emote Clients.

I'm new here but have to go ahead and throw in a reply - I'm doing
something very similar to this but in a different way... I have a
FreeBSD box that is already set up to be my router/firewall/IDS/MySQL
server.  I'm working on getting it set up with Asterisk... just got it
working with FWD and a Packet8 DTA based phone.

I have to admit, there's a lot of stuff to wrap your head around with
this stuff!

Hatton