[Asterisk-Users] VoiPSupply Dot Com

The VoIP Connection asterisk-biz at thevoipconnection.com
Thu Jun 2 09:03:53 MST 2005

I know I'm running the risk of fanning the flames on an already belabored
thread here, but there is some misinformation flying around.

Credit card fraud is an unfortunate fact of life, and it costs everyone who
isn't perpetrating it money.  There is no single universally agreed on
process that will guarantee a merchant protection.  If there was, somebody
would figure out how to game it.

Different banks have different merchant account requirements, e-businesses
use different procedures to protect themselves, and of course different
businesses tolerate different levels of fraud.

Some vendors require that items be shipped to an address on file to protect
themselves. Others (like us) do not. We have a process for validating the
card for these cases which our bank has agreed is adequate in most cases.
It's a little more time consuming but it is something that many of our
customers require.

There was a misunderstanding, let's move on. I am really tired of seeing
"VoiPSupply Dot Com" every time I open a digest email...

Michael Crown
Managing Partner
www.thevoipconnection.com
321.989.6728 ext. 611