[Asterisk-Users] SIP or IAX

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Thu Jun 2 06:48:53 MST 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 02:48, Sandeep A.S wrote:
> For bridging  VOIP with  PSTN Lines
> Which one is giving better performance  SIP or IAX ?
>  I am looking at a result without NAT in picture ?
> Can some body give details from experiance ?
> Also with single SIP/IAX channel can I use more than one call at a time ?

From a security viewpoint SIP is not even a good option. If you have all the
calls terminate in the same location you can turn on trunking with IAX2, and
so cut your bandwidth considerably.

Networks don't have channels, as Olle pointed out. It's a matter of available
bandwidth.
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin