[Asterisk-Users] Reccomendations for connecting to 3-4 PSTN lines?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:18:38 MST 2005

In my experience if you can get an external device to do the PSTN <>
SIP for you, like an ATA, then it works much better than the Digium
TDM400 cards. If you don't mind the extra ~$200 just go for it. The
other option might be a channel bank (like the ADIT 600) and a Digium
T1 card. This will let you use up to 24 FXO/FXS per 8 lines to a card
(they can be mixed FXS and FXO), but again this will have Asterisk do
the transcoding (if any) from ulaw to 729 or whatever, which is usualy
much better to do before it reaches Asterisk.