[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question: HOWTO make outgoing call on SIP account from internal extensions?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Wed Jun 1 17:20:44 MST 2005

Steve wrote:

> I have read LOTS of docs and played quite a bit to get this far....

Good, keep playing!!!

(a lot of your typing time deleted)

> ----------------------------
> OK here's what messes it all up (and I admit I'm clueless here)
>

> register => 2135551212:2135551212 at sipproviderexample.com
>
> [sipproviderexample.com]
> type=peer
> host=10.77.77.133
> fromuser=2135551212
> secret=2135551212
> fromdomain=sipproviderexample.com
>
> adding this secttion breaks it and I really do not understand what
> it's even
> for...

What does it mean for you, that this "breaks" it. Did it work before?

What is your "jump in point" to the dial plan? You do not have a
context= line. So you may jump into the context=default as usually
mentioned in sip.conf
[general]
context=default            ; Default context for incoming calls

Do you have something in the dialplan like:
[from-sipproviderexample.com]               ; if you would use this as
your context= in sip.conf, otherwise the next lines in the default
context of your extensions.conf
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/601,60,tr)       ; if any number calling from
this provider should ring extension 601
or
exten => 2135551212 ,3,Dial(SIP/601,60,tr)   ; if only a dialed in
number 2135551212 of your provider should dial extension 601

Keep playing with:

context=xxxxx  and    [xxxxx]

exten  =>  something with  and without  starting  _

Hope it helps, ...

bye

Ronald