[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice - Customer feedback

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jun 1 16:19:46 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 17:14 -0500, Dan Perik wrote:
> I haven't been having any problems.  Since it's for home use (and my
> daughters aren't teenagers yet :-) ), I don't have a lot of traffic, but
> I've had good success.
>
> - Dan

The biggest problems right now are relating to international termination
and dtmf.  So it would depend on how you use it as to whether or not you
have problems.  For example, my UK phone number below is a NCFA number.
Broadvoice rates page (as of this morning) said they provide unlimited
to NCFA but alas they cant terminate them (someone else said they cant
call a bank in switzerland becuase of the same type of issue).

Nathan Stratton (CTO of BV) told me on April 26 that they are shooting
to have it fixed in less than two weeks and added "but ..." implying
that would not be the case.  At that point they did not have contracts
signed nor service provisioned, but said they did have a carrier they
are negotiating with (UK based) for termination.  So maybe it will be
fixed sometime this year.

I am starting to have doubts because he does not want to be responsible
for saying anything.  He also went on a rant about how the BV TOS states
that its a 'best effort' service (that isnt in the TOS and he refused
several times to actually provide the TOS section that said that).
Basically as he described it as long as their engineers know the problem
exists you arent allowed to sue them or demand a refund or ...  The fact
that they know of a problem and claim they are trying to fix it does not
negate the fact that a problem exists now for over a month on service
they still advertise and are still billing people for, yet unable or
unwilling to provide the service.  Sounds like false advertising and
wire fraud to me.

To read more about this along with the AIM chat logs visit:
http://voxilla.com/forum-viewtopic-t-3599-sid-4a509baf4ed9fb0ea805210541b51c68.html

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378