[Asterisk-Users] Dynamic IAX Server

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed Jun 1 06:16:51 MST 2005

You just need to read up on IAX a little.  IAX has no trouble with
firewalling.

As long as the client registers to the IAX server, the path will be
defined and connectivity will occur.
It may look like an odd port if you don't have a static port forward in
place but it will work.
If you really want the mechanics of how then google up IAX.

There is nothing special in iax.conf or extensions.conf.  Just use the
example given for a logical dialplan and all should work fine.

Cheers,
Wiley