[Asterisk-Users] When to use 'Answer' and when NOT to...

Chris Coulthurst asterisk at shuksan.com
Wed Jun 1 01:02:28 MST 2005

While everything seems to be working for the most part correctly in my
mix-network of Zap and Sip phones, it occurred to me that every call,
regardless of whether or not it was answered, is reporting 'ANSWERED' in the
cdr records on mysql.

I was having problems with strange hang-ups the moment a call went off hook,
and having 'Answer' in the extensions.conf contexts made it all go away.

Am I under-thinking the use of Answer()?

Chris Coulthurst

chris at shuksan.com