[Asterisk-Users] Feature requests :: For now, not in the bug tracker - please!

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jul 29 12:02:43 MST 2005

Dear Asterisk community,

We are now working hard to complete Asterisk 1.2, testing and finalizing
the existing patches and work that is going on in the developer team.

Now is too late to file feature requests for 1.2 in the bug tracker.
Unless you have a solid, working and tested patch, we will not consider
the feature request on behalf of the developer team. A bug marshal will
propably close the request quickly.

If you need help, find a developer for hire (look at the consultant page
on the Wiki) and contract them to provide the patch. Or use the
asterisk-biz mailing list to find a developer that will work on your
issue. Mail to the asterisk-users mailing list to see if others have the
same need. File a bounty on the bounty page on the wiki.

The bug tracker is a tool for managing the development of Asterisk,
currently focused on reaching a release of Asterisk 1.2. Please help us
to concentrate on that task. Please do not file feature requests in the
bug tracker. Instead, please test Asterisk CVS head and find the bugs,
so we can reach a relase decision soon. Bug reports are more than
welcome in the bug tracker at bugs.digium.com!

After release of 1.2, we have to find a good solution for handling
feature requests. They are valuable for the developers and the
community. An open discussion is needed. But right now, we need to be a
bit rude in order to be able to work forward in a focused way. We
apologize for that and hope that you understand.

Thank you for your assistance!

/Olle

PS. Of course, you are aware that support requests of course can't be
filed and managed in the bug tracker. Those will be closed right away
and you will be rewarded with a negative karma transaction.