[Asterisk-Users] CDR disposition field always says ANSWERED on inbound calls

jerry at voiptower.com jerry at voiptower.com
Thu Jul 28 10:12:15 MST 2005

Hi,

Quoting Giorgio Incantalupo <gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com>:

> My inbound context is:
>
> [inbound_menu]
> include => internals  ; very strange: include doesn't work!!!
> exten => _X.,1,DigitTimeout(2)

> exten => _X.,2,Answer

> exten => _X.,3,NoOp(DS:${DIALSTATUS})  ; my debug purpose
> exten => _X.,4,Background(fga_main_menu)
> exten => _X.,5,Background(3-sec-pause)
> exten => _X.,6,Background(fga_main_menu)
> exten => _X.,7,Hangup
>
> exten => 101,1,Macro(interni,${PIPPO},${RING_TIME})
>
> The Macro executes a Dial command....so nothing strange.

> >>anybody knows why the CDR field named "disposition" always says ANSWERED
> >>on inbound calls even if nobody picks up the phone (we are using various

I do believe this might clarify; if not, you are explicitly answering
the line. I don't see any Dial commands (might be in your include),
but if your call hits this extension it will be considered answered
after priority 2 (if I understand how the CDR works). You are then
having them go through an IVR, but the call is already deemed connected.
I think you want to play with NoCDR or one of it's cousins to get the
effect you desire.

J.