[Asterisk-Users] A problem with queues

Jorge Alayon j.alayon at ses.com.ar
Thu Jul 28 08:24:27 MST 2005

Hello,

I am implementing a small call center with 1 to 4 agents.

For some reason I don't understand, if an agent is busy, and it is his/her turn in the queue round, asterisk gives an "all destinations are busy" message and hangs up the call. Agents are SIP lines registered with an audiocodes MP108FXS which registers each line independently. Ringing strategy is RoundRobin (most of this configured using AMPortal, but checked that is consistent with documentation on queues on the wiki).
Supposedly, the roundrobin strategy is used on available agents, not busy ones, am I correct ? Where can the failure be ?

The best way I was able to replicate the problem is using only two agents, one received a call that stayed on for several minutes, the second received another call that waqs a short one, and the third call did not reach the second agent as it wanted to reach the first agent (per roundrobin) and failed. I was expectin it to ring again on the second agent.

Regards,

Jorge A.