[Asterisk-Users] How to: recompile asterisk 1.0.7 beta 3

Henry Junior henryjunior at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:53:30 MST 2005

I was wondering how I can add/extend the os x 1.0.7 beta build of
Asterisk with additional modules?

Asterisk is installed and running great but I was hoping to install a
Fax Detenction module by Newman Technologies.   Below is a list of
the installation instructions.

I understand I need to recompile the application but it's not clear
to me what I would need to do with regards to the fact that the mac
installer I used doesn't look similar to the normal Asterisk tarball
archive and these instructions don't necessarily seem right for me.
"Easiest way to get up and running":

(1) Drop the code in your /usr/src/asterisk/apps directory

(2) Edit the Makefile in the apps directory. Add the following line:
     APPS+=app_nv_faxdetect.so

(3) Go to /usr/src/asterisk and run "make", then run "make install"

(4) Start or restart Asterisk

(5) Type "show application nvfaxdetect" from the CLI and you should
see it

Thanks!!
- HJ