[Asterisk-Users] strange dial problem with polycom 501

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Thu Jul 28 05:31:46 MST 2005

I am having a strange problem with polycom 501 and dailing.  I've read the
archives and no one there specifically mentions this problem, so I thought I'd
ask here.

The problem is that when the user picks up the receiver or pressed new call,
sometimes they will enter a number (for example 95072091234) and in the middle
of the number the cursor might jump back one digit.  So the call above, if
just typed into the phone, might end up: 9507291234.  Other times the cursor
might jump right back to the beginning of the number.

This doesn't happen when they enter the number and the press "dial", so it
seems to be a digitmap problem.

However, the digitmap is nearly the same as what I've used on IP-500s in the
past.  It is:
"[0]|*8|*2xx|#5|#7x|[278]xx|[9]11|9411|9x.T"

[Actually it was " [0]|*8|*2xx|#5|#7x|[278]xx|[9]11|9411|9x.T" -- I don't know
where that space came from, but I'll take it out and test again today.]

Are there any obvious problems with that digitmap?  Anything else that I
should take a look at?

Thank you.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.