[Asterisk-Users] oh323 geting voice problem g729 xeon 2.8 , fedora 1 , asterisk 1.0.6

Bashir Ullah Bashir.Ullah at lamsre.com
Thu Jul 28 03:08:09 MST 2005

Hi Apu

Thanks for reply,

i was using same config with PIII, and did not face any outgoing voice
delay. after i shift with xeon then i am geting this trable. and in that
time i was using g729a.so for i586, and now i am changing this to i686, just
this i change nothing else. same setup same getway , same endpoint. i dont
understand why this happening.

here for any suggession i attach my "show translation " pic and my
oh323.conf setup.

please let me know am i missing anything or need to change or add anything.

Thanks.

Bashir Ullah

iax*CLI> show translation
         Translation times between formats (in milliseconds)
          Source Format (Rows) Destination Format(Columns)

            g723   gsm  ulaw  alaw  g726 adpcm  slin lpc10  g729 speex  ilbc
   g723     -       2      2       2        2        2        1     5
10        -    16
    gsm    11      -       2       2        2        2        1     5
10        -    16
   ulaw    11      2       -       1        2        2        1     5
10        -    16
   alaw    11      2       1       -        2        2        1     5
10        -    16
   g726   11      2       2       2        -        2        1     5
10        -    16
  adpcm  11      2       2       2        2       -        1     5
         -    16
   slin      10      1       1       1        1        1        -     4
9           -    15
  lpc10   12      3       3       3         3       3        2     -
11          -    17
   g729   12      3       3       3         3       3        2
 -            -    17

    -      -        -        -          -      -         -     -        -
         -     -
   ilbc      12     3       3        3         3      3        2     6
11           -     -

and my oh323.conf

; Configuration file of OpenH323 channel driver
;-----------------------------------------
; General configuration options  (ports, jitter, GK, ...)
;-----------------------------------------
[general]
; Address to bind to for incoming connections. Default is ALL.
listenAddress=0.0.0.0

; Port to listen to. Default value is 1720.
listenPort=1720

; Port to connect to. (Used only when we don't have a gatekeeper) Default
value is 1720.
connectPort=1720

;Configure TCP port range to be used by H.323
tcpStart=10000
tcpEnd=20000

;Configure UDP port range to be used by H.323
;Note: The port range used by RTP are configured from
;"rtp.conf"
udpStart=10000
udpEnd=20000

;Enable fast start (yes,no).
fastStart=no

;Enable H.245 tunnelling (yes,no).
h245Tunnelling=no

;Enable early H.245 messages in call SETUP message.
h245inSetup=no

;Enable in-band-DTMF detection. (Note: Netmeeting uses in-band DTMFs)
inBandDTMF=yes

;Enable silence suppression.
silenceSuppression=no

;Set jitter buffer (in milliseconds, 20...10000).
jitterMin=20
jitterMax=10000

;Set IP Type-of-Service byte for RTP channels. Valid values for this option
are:

;lowdelay, throughput, reliability, mincost, none
ipTos=lowdelay

;Set the maximum number of inbound/outbound/simultaneous H.323 connections.
outboundMax=20
inboundMax=20
simultaneousMax=20

;Set the bandwidth limit for H.323 connections. The value is in Kbps.
;bandwidthLimit=2048

;Set tracing options for the wrapper library and for the OpenH323 library.
; libTraceFile can be 'stdout' or a full path name to the tracefile.
; Only trace info for OpenH323 is logged in libTraceFile.

wrapLibTraceLevel=1
libTraceLevel=1
libTraceFile=stdout

; "crlCallNumber", "crlCallTime", "crlThreshold" - Call Rate Limiter params
;    (ingress direction). When the total number of active calls is above
;    'crlThreshold' then the rate of the incoming H.323 calls is restricted
;    in a way where no more than 'crlCallNumber' calls are allowed in
;    'crlCallTime' milliseconds, thus limiting the rate of incoming calls
to:
;         'crlCallNumber' / ('crlCallTime' / 1000) Calls-per-Sec.

;crlCallNumber=
;crlCallTime=
;crlThreshold=

; "language", "musiconhold" - The default language and music-on-hold class
;    for the OH323 channels.
;language
;musiconhold

;Disable gatekeeper or specify a gatekeeper. Valid values for this option
are:
;DISABLE,
;DISCOVER,
;<gatekeeper's DNS name>,
;<gatekeeper's ip>,
;GKID:<gatekeeper's id>

gatekeeper=DISABLE
;gatekeeper=65.61.200.138

;Set the gatekeeper password
;gatekeeperPassword=secret

;Set the gatekeeper registration timeout
;gatekeeperTTL=600

;Set the mode for sending user-input Valid values for this option are:
;Q931        -   Q.931 Keypad Information Element
;STRING      -   H.245 string
;TONE        -   H.245 tone
;RFC2833     -   RFC2833
userInputMode=TONE

;AMA flags (default, omit, billing, documentation)
amaFlags=default

;Account code
accountCode=H323

;Set the default context of H.323 calls.
context=H323

;-----------------------------------------
;Configure H.323 aliases, prefixes and
;related ASTERISK's contexts
;-----------------------------------------

[register]
;Aliases/prefixes associated with the default context defined in section
[general].
alias=asterisk
alias=123

;Aliases/prefixes routed in "all-aliases" context.
context=all-aliases
alias=ASTERISK

alias=666

;Aliases/prefixes routed in "more-aliases" context.
context=more-aliases
alias=665

;Aliases/prefixes routed in "more-aliases" context.
context=sip
alias=bashir

;Aliases/prefixes routed in "all-prefixes" context.
;context=all-prefixes
;gwprefix=00
;gwprefix=01

; Aliases/prefixes routed in "more-stuff" context.
;context=more-stuff
;alias=664
;gwprefix=02

;Aliases/prefixes routed in "netmeeting " context.
context=oh323
;gwprefix=73596
;gwprefix=99123
gwprefix=989
gwprefix=01188031

;-----------------------------------------
;Specify and configure CODEC related options
;-----------------------------------------

[codecs]
;Define the codec list of the channel driver. Every "codec" option may have
a "frames" option
;associated with it. Valid values for the "codec" option are:
;   G711U       -   G.711 u-Law
;   G711A       -   G.711 A-Law
;   G7231       -   G.723.1(6.3k)
;   G72316K3    -   G.723.1(6.3k)

;   G72316K3    -   G.723.1(6.3k)
;   G72315K3    -   G.723.1(5.3k)
;   G7231A6K3   -   G.723.1A(6.3k)
;   G726        -   G.726(32k)
;   G72616K     -   G.726(16k)
;   G72624K     -   G.726(24k)
;   G72632K     -   G.726(32k)
;   G72640K     -   G.726(40k)
;   G728        -   G.728
;   G729        -   G.729
;   G729A       -   G.729A
;   G729B       -   G.729B
;   G729AB      -   G.729AB
;   GSM0610     -   GSM 0610
;   MSGSM       -   Microsoft GSM Audio Capability
;   LPC10       -   LPC-10
;

;G.729
;codec=G729