[Asterisk-Users] Get older CVS version

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Jul 28 00:29:54 MST 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 08:31:38AM +0200, Dave Cotton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 16:20 -0700, Rick Baranowski wrote:
> > Is there a way to get a certain build date of asterisk from the CVS?
> > I need to get this build date ‘Asterisk CVS-v1-0-04/29/05-16:47:42’
> > If so what would be the command?
>
> Sending the same question twice within 1 hour will not help especially
> when during the intervening time you could have typed :- "$man cvs"
> which is what I'm going to tell you now.

Actually a better reference and getting-started document is the info
documentation of cvs. try 'info cvs'

(I normally read info pages with pinfo, as the default info browser is
really bad. The info pages browser of emacs is also rather useful. Both
KDE and Gnome have their own info prosers. Try something like info:cvs).

The man page of cvs would be rathyer confusing until you understand one
or two things about how it works.

Also note that the OP asked about a certain date from the branch v1-0 ,
rather than of the default branch (HEAD).