[Asterisk-Users] Attended transfer not working (atxfer)

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Jul 27 23:52:35 MST 2005

Damian Minkov wrote:
> Ok, but it doesn't work. It prompts me again to transfer.
>
> The secretary's phone rings - she picks up and talk to the gay. Then
> hits **(Trasfer key sequence ) for atxfer - hears transfer prompt and
> dials the trasferee numer.
> Talks with the trasferee numer. The I tested firstly just the secretary
> to hangup, I thought the two calls will be connected - but no lusk.
> Then I tried as Bruno De Luca wrote the secretary to hit again
> **(Trasfer key sequence ), but just hears a transfer prompt.
> Any ideas. What I'm doing wrong?

Bruno was wrong about hitting the transfer sequence a second time.

Watch the CLI.  If you don't have certain sound files installed it won't
actually do the transfer, but will return you back to the original
transferer.

Here it works like this:
Answer call
Hit atxfer sequence defined in features.conf
Get "fake" dialtone
Dial transferee
Talk to transferee
Hang up
Remote party hears "beep"
Transferee is now bridged to remote party

I haven't found Asterisk to be very good about grabbing the DTMF when
the fake dialtone is playing.  In fact, I can't get it to work at all on
calls that come in on my POTS lines, and it is very unreliable otherwise
as well.

YMMV.

B.