[Asterisk-Users] call forwarding without answer

Axel Bodemann trash at bodemann.de
Wed Jul 27 22:13:07 MST 2005

Hi,

I want to forward a incoming SIP call to an external phone number. Is it
possible to do this without answering the call first? I think there must
be a solution like this:

- incoming call (SIP) -> Asterisk PBX
- PBX trys to establish a channel to external number (PSTN)
- SIP caller gets a free or busy signal depending on the status of the
external number (without charging the SIP caller, because the caller can
come in through the PSTN network, e.g. Sipgate)
- if external number picks up the line -> the SIP channel and the PSTN
channels are connected (charging both lines starts)

Is this possible and what have I to do, to get it working?

Thanks
Axel